Monday, April 6, 2009

suddenly I see

Tonight I had the thrilling experience of taking a spin class with an instructor who looked exactly like Kirsten Dunst. And I mean the Kirsten Dunst who was captain of the cheerleading squad in Bring It On. She had those tall people arms that were equally as long as her legs such that, if she ever happened to get tired of using her legs to pedal the bike, she could just reach down with her hand and give those legs a break. The advantages that tall people have in this life just go on and on and on. Unfortunately for the class, we did not get to witness this great event because said teacher never got tired. No certainly not. Did I happen to also mention that she was exceedingly happy and positive? One of those people you just want to hate but can't find any reason to because they are so EXCEEDINGLY HAPPY AND POSITIVE and that would just be wrong. But really, I couldn't find anything to hate about this woman, try as I might. In fact, I found myself plotting in class about how to be her friend so I raised my hand and started going, "oh oh, I know the answer," and then I was like, oh right, this is spinning. Fortunately she didn't notice because my husband, who is even more eccentric than myself, was singing Coldplay at the top of his lungs. In a spinning class. Note to self: take him places as decoy when I'm wearing bad shoes. Perfect.

At one point, after a really long, hard climb she noticed that the air conditioner wasn't working and said, "It's not working! But you guys don't notice right? Well, that's okay!" If I were a dog I might have thought that she had just said, "you won the lottery! isn't that great? it's great!" because that was the intonation in her voice. And I was all, NO! I'm not hot! WOO HOO. Who's hot? Let's go! And she would do all of these cute little movements with her long hands and arms to indicate what we were doing and such. And then the song came on that brought it all together: "Her face is a map of the world Is a map of the world You can see she's a beautiful girl She's a beautiful girl And everything around her is a SILVER POOL OF LIGHT The people who surround her feel the benefit of it It makes you calm She holds you captivated in her palm Suddenly I see This is what I wanna be..." I was in her silver pool of light! They should bottle this stuff. My way to eternal salvation suddenly became clear: keep taking my B vitamins and stalk this girl. That's not creepy is it?

1 comment:

  1. oh Stephie! Your entries make my day! (and, to be super-stalkery honest, for really reals, I check for an update like 12 times per day - Law school appellate brief-writing is killing me....). Please don't stop! xo

    ReplyDelete